The challenges involved in regulatory compliance vary greatly between industries, countries, and companies. But many compliance tools lack flexibility or are missing key technologies for parsing complex structures in legal, medical and financial documents. That’s where InMoment comes in.
Leverage InMoment to Lower Your Regulatory Compliance Costs and Risks
InMoment helps you tackle compliance challenges involving text data through “semi-custom” solutions. We combine semi-structured data parsing, natural language processing (NLP), and machine learning with other features and technology suited to your specific problems. By working from our existing infrastructure through a staged Proof of Concept, we reduce your initial investment and deliver tangible results more quickly.
We don’t “solve” or automate your entire industry. Instead, we help you improve existing compliance processes and scale your compliance teams more easily, resulting in lower costs and reduced risk across your organization.
Your Regulatory Compliance Technology Toolkit
Curious about the tech InMoment provides that will help you get the job done? Here’s an overview of your toolkit:
Natural Language Processing Features
- Sentiment Analysis: Combine natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning techniques to assign weighted sentiment scores to the entities, topics, themes and categories within a sentence or phrase.
- Theme Analysis: Use natural language processing (NLP) to break down sentences into n-grams and noun phrases and then evaluate the themes and facets within.
- Entity Recognition: Identify people, places, and things within a piece of text.
- Categorization: Categorize customer reviews, support tickets, or any other type of text document into groups based on their contents.
- Intention Extraction: Determine the expressed intent of customers and reviewers.
- Summarization: Extract the most relevant sentences from each document so you can quickly understand the main ideas without spending valuable time reading the whole document.
Semi-Structured Data Parsing: A powerful tool for identifying and extracting text data from PDFs, .docx files and other “semi-structured” documents while understanding the structures and relationships of each element.
Machine Learning: Custom machine learning “micromodels” to tackle unique challenges in your data, such as entity recognition on ambiguous company names or classifying news articles into pre-defined topic lists.
Add-ons and Integrations:
- Low-level NLP configuration
- Custom user interfaces
- Specific technology integrations
- Feedback loops for model training
- User and project management tools
- Database/warehouse hookups
- Upload wizards and connectors
- …. And more
InMoment for Regulatory Compliance in Action: A Quick Case Study
InMoment has helped brands across healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, financial services, and more, but today we will share a financial services case study.
An Australian financial services firm needed help ensuring their compliance with federal disclosure mandates across hundreds of Statement of Advice (SoA) documents. Before, the firm’s auditors manually reviewed a subset, but this process was slow and unreliable.
InMoment focused on improving the firm’s existing audit process. First, we trained our semi-structured data parser to understand the underlying structure of SoAs. Then we configured our NLP to identify, extract and analyze entities within each section. Finally, we built a connector to structure and export this data into an easy-to-scan spreadsheet.
“InMoment’s solution for financial services disclosure compliance identifies, analyzes and structures key data from Statement of Advice documents for internal review.”
This solution substantially reduces the firm’s noncompliance risk by empowering regulatory compliance auditors to review hundreds of documents in minutes. Now they can quickly and reliably spot missing disclosures, suspicious recommendations, and other areas where advisors may not be working in their clients’ best interests.
To learn more about how InMoment can help revolutionize your approach to regulatory compliance, check out our dedicated website here.