Take NPS from a Score to a Strategic Advantage
In today’s fiercely competitive business environment, customer satisfaction is paramount to success. Happy customers become brand advocates, fueling growth through positive customer feedback. The Net Promoter Score (NPS) metric reveals the essence of customer sentiment and unlocks the path to business success, so it is important that you take the time to uncover net promoter score drivers.
By using the Net Promoter Score system as your compass, you can gain a better understanding of what drives customer loyalty and satisfaction. In this article we will share the three key drivers of NPS identified in our latest report, State of Customer Experience: 2023 UK Consumer Study, conducted in partnership with NPSx by Bain & Company, which reveals how to transform NPS from a numerical score to a strategic advantage!
Net Promoter Score Driver #1: Deliver on Product Quality and Innovation
Customer experience plays a crucial role in driving great product quality and innovation. As a reminder we have listed the steps to consider:
- Company Purpose: Define your company’s purpose and why it exists, what does it hope to achieve for its customers and why. What differentiates you from your competitors, what value do your customers get from your product, and what are the unique solutions you provide.
- Identify Pain Points: By listening to your customers’ experiences and collecting feedback at various touch points along the journey by utilising voice of the customer surveys, you can identify areas where your product falls short or where improvements can be made.
- Understand Customer Expectations: By analysing and understanding your customers’ feelings and emotions using sentiment and text analytics towards a product or service you are offering, you are able to align your development efforts with customer needs and preferences.
- Usability Testing and User Experience Research: By observing how customers interact with your product, you can identify usability issues, confusing workflows, or design flaws.
- Continuous Improvement: Customer experience serves as a continuous customer feedback loop for product improvement and helps you to identify emerging trends, evolving needs, and areas that require ongoing enhancement.
Net Promoter Score Driver #2: Make it Easy For Your Customers To Get Help
Making it easy to get help is the third most important driver of NPS. During challenging times, customers appreciate brands that provide assistance and support when needed.
Here are some proven recommendations on how you can identify moments to deliver great value:
- Simplify Processes: Streamline your processes to minimise complexity and eliminate unnecessary steps. Focus on making each step clear, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- Enable Self Service Through Digital Channels: Invest in user-friendly digital platforms, such as websites, mobile apps, and self-service portals, to facilitate easy self-serve interactions with your business. Ensure these channels are accessible, responsive, and offer a seamless experience across devices.
- Don’t Forget The Human Touch: Free the time for customer service agents to focus on more complex or challenging interactions with customers, who are not able to self-serve. Train and enable agents to better understand and empathise with customers’ feelings.
- Personalise Interactions: Tailor your customer interactions to meet individual needs. Leverage customer data and analytics to understand their preferences, purchase history, and behaviour.
- Seamless Omnichannel Experience: Ensure a seamless experience across all customer touchpoints, whether online or offline. Customers should be able to start an interaction on one channel and seamlessly transition to another without losing context.
- Get Customer Feedback: By capturing feedback on the customer service experience, companies can gain insights into their strengths and weaknesses, enabling them to make targeted improvements and enhance overall customer satisfaction.
Net Promoter Score Driver #3: Enable Your Employees and Strengthen Your NPS
Your Employees are Your Greatest Asset
High-quality employees are essential for delivering an exceptional customer experience (CX). They are crucial for creating and maintaining a positive customer experience, ultimately leading to customer satisfaction, loyalty, and business success.
Here are some strategies to leverage employee experience:
- Focus on Employee Engagement: Actively engage employees by involving them in decision-making processes, recognising their contributions, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture. Provide opportunities for growth and development, and ensure that employees have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities. Doing this will actively increase employee commitment and create more positive customer experiences.
- Regularly Seek and Act on Feedback: Create mechanisms for employees to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement. Actively listen to their concerns, address any issues promptly, and take appropriate action to improve the employee experience.
- Recognise and Reward Performance: Implement recognition and reward programmes that acknowledge and appreciate employees’ hard work and achievements. Celebrate milestones, exceptional performance, and behaviors aligned with the organisation’s values.
- Invest in Learning and Development: Offer continuous learning and development opportunities to enhance employees’ skills and knowledge.
To access all the key drivers of NPS and discover who the leading brands are in the UK, download your copy of the report findings here.
Take The Lead! Improve Your Net Promoter Score
If you are unsure whether your existing CX technology vendor can help you achieve these goals, we would be happy to talk to you about how we can assist you. InMoment’s award-winning AI-based experience improvement technology and decades of industry expertise combined with NPSx market-leading training certification and communities for CX practitioners, and CX Roadmap & Assessments help organisations align and prioritise their CX investments, create customer-centric cultures and give clients a comprehensive set of solutions to support customer loyalty and business growth.
Take the initiative today and book your meeting to start your journey towards improved NPS and a remarkable customer experience. We look forward to discussing how we can support your growth and success.